How to use this catalogue to search for publications:
This catalogue features Juta Print Publications and Jutastat e-Publications. Print Publications are available as hardcover and softcover books, loose-leafs and posters. Jutastat e-Publications are available on CD/DVD-ROM and Online.
Publications are listed alphabetically within their category, according to title. Please make use of the various search options available when searching for a publication.
Catalogue - Advanced Search
Dispute Resolution Digest 2015, The
About this Publication:
In keeping with past editions, the purpose of the Dispute Resolution Digest 2015 is to report on the state of dispute resolution in South Africa. The contents consist of a mix of opinions by respected experts and statistical analysis of hard data in dispute information gathered from the reports and case management records of the Labour Court, CCMA, Bargaining Councils and Tokiso.
The purpose of this annual undertaking is to improve our collective understanding of how well the dispute resolution systems and institutions are working. The Digest contains a considerable collection of data and analysis over the years. It is pleasing to report evidence of further improvements in the efficiencies of all of the dispute resolution institutions: the Labour Court, CCMA, Bargaining Councils and Tokiso.
- Overview of the state of labour relations - Patrick Deale
- Time for Reality Check – Stop playing marbles while Rome is burning - Victor van Vuuren
- The war before the war? Cosatu at the end of 2014 - Steven Friedman
- Labour Court
- The rule of law, fairness and labour law - Johan C Froneman
- Speedy justice: streamlining Labour Court processes - Andre van Niekerk
- An evaluation of the Labour Court - Craig Bosch
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Mandatory mediation in South Africa: are there constitutional implications? - John Brand and Chris Todd
- The potential for interest arbitration in South Africa - John Brand
- Industrial relations in the public service — a differentiated approach to dispute management - Frikkie de Bruin
- Equal pay for work of equal value - Andrew Levy
- Statistical Analysis: Labour Court, CCMA, Bargaining Councils
- The disputes referred to the CCMA, bargaining councils and Tokiso - Tanya Venter and Andrew Levy
Of Interest and Benefit to:
CCMA, Labour Court or bargaining council officials
Labour law practitioners
Students studying labour law at universities and technikons