How to use this catalogue to search for publications:
This catalogue features Juta Print Publications and Jutastat e-Publications. Print Publications are available as hardcover and softcover books, loose-leafs and posters. Jutastat e-Publications are available on CD/DVD-ROM and Online.
Publications are listed alphabetically within their category, according to title. Please make use of the various search options available when searching for a publication.
Catalogue - Advanced Search
- Format Loose-leaf
- ISBN 9780702119620
- PageCount Over 1700 Pages
- Published 1987
Notes about Pricing:
*Above loose-leaf pricing is for the main volume contents only. To register to receive revision services in order to remain abreast of updated legislation and new information, please contact customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost of each revision service issued varies depending on the number of pages it contains.
Click here to view the latest revision service update to this publication.
About this Publication:
This text provides a section-by-section commentary on the Criminal Procedure Act. It is the most comprehensive and widely cited text on criminal procedure available. Regularly updated to reflect latest developments, it includes extensive analysis of all aspects of criminal procedure by the foremost experts. The three volumes include various related materials indispensable for the practice of criminal procedure.
- Criminal Procedure Act and commentary
- Analysis of the latest case law, including unreported and Namibian cases
- Discussion of new and pending legislation and mention of all relevant academic writing
- Extensive commentary covering the changes brought about by the Child Justice Act 75 of 2008 in pre-trial, trial and post-trial matters, as well as inserts on the age determination and sentencing of children
- Commentary on International and Transnational Criminal Procedure covering among others, extradition procedures and the SADC protocol on International Co-operation in Criminal Matters
- The Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Regulations which includes regulations on HIV testing
- National Prosecuting Authority Act
- Regulations and forms
- Criminal Justice Review bi-annual electronic newsletter authored by Andrew Paizes and Steph van der Merwe. This newsletter keeps subscribers informed on developments in criminal procedure and criminal law between revision service cut-off dates. Click here to view recent issues, or register your user profile and opt in to receive this newsletter on publication.
Of Interest and Benefit to:
- Legal practitioners
- Judges, magistrates and prosecuting civil servants
- Students and academics
- Only expert commentary available on criminal procedure changes brought about by Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act 32 of 2007 and Criminal Law (Sentencing) Amendment Act 38 of 2007
- Updates twice a year