How to use this catalogue to search for publications:
This catalogue features Juta Print Publications and Jutastat e-Publications. Print Publications are available as hardcover and softcover books, loose-leafs and posters. Jutastat e-Publications are available on CD/DVD-ROM and Online.
Publications are listed alphabetically within their category, according to title. Please make use of the various search options available when searching for a publication.
Catalogue - Advanced Search
- Format Hard Cover
- ISBN 9780702137174
- PageCount 239
- Published 1996
About this Publication:
This book examines all aspects of this important area of the law. It provides a holistic examination of extinctive prescription – the theory, the policies and the practical application. It also contains critical analyses of important questions, such as whether prescription brings about the extinction of a debt; the concept of a debt as the subject matter of extinctive prescription, and the relationship between extinctive prescription as governed by the Prescription Act and the other prescription periods or limitation periods. The chapters covering the application periods of extinctive prescription provide the practitioner with a comprehensive and detailed text in which the practicalities – the beginning of prescription as well as its suspension, interruption and waiver – are discussed.
- History, theory and policy of extinctive prescription
- Application of extinctive prescription: The concept of ‘Debt’
- Prescription periods provided for in the Prescription Act 68 of 1969
- Beginning of the prescription period
- Suspension and delay of prescription
- Extinctive prescription and counterclaims
- Waiver of extinctive prescription
- Calculation of time
- Extraordinary prescription or limitation periods (vervaltermyne)
- Prescription and the conflict of law
Of Interest and Benefit to:
- Legal practitioners