How to use this catalogue to search for publications:
This catalogue features Juta Print Publications and Jutastat e-Publications. Print Publications are available as hardcover and softcover books, loose-leafs and posters. Jutastat e-Publications are available on CD/DVD-ROM and Online.
Publications are listed alphabetically within their category, according to title. Please make use of the various search options available when searching for a publication.
Catalogue - Advanced Search
Notes about Pricing:
*Offer is valid from 1 September - 30 November 2014. No further discounts apply. Buy any five different Pocket Statutes or Pocket Companions titles and get an expandable slipcase worth R65.00 FREE! Promotion valid while stocks last.
About this Publication:
This work provides an up-to-date, accessible commentary on the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act. It provides guidance on occupational injuries, health and safety policies, the role of safety representatives and committees and the reporting of incidents and formal inquiries into workplace injuries. Understanding the OHSA and COIDA also features a discussion on work-related post-traumatic stress disorder, compensation and the claims process. It explains the claims process, benefits, negligence claims and legal proceedings in terms of COIDA.
Understanding the OHSA and COIDA forms part of the Juta’s Pocket Companions series, to complement the highly successful Juta’s Pocket Statutes series. The book is an ideal companion to the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 & Regulations and the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 130 of 1993 & Regulations from the Pocket Statutes series.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY ACT 85 OF 1993
- Scope and definitions
- The advisory council on occupational health and safety
- Duties under the act and regulations
- Safety representatives and safety committees
- The inspectorate
- Incidents: reporting, investigations and inquiries
- Employee protections
- Criminal offences
COMPENSATION FOR OCCUPATIONAL INJURIES & DISEASES ACT 130 OF 1993
- The administration of the act
- Key definitions
- The claims process
- Occupational diseases
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Claims involving negligence
- Legal proceedings
Of Interest and Benefit to:
- Labour lawyers representing clients who have suffered workplace injuries
- Associations or societies for occupational health and safety eg. South African Society of Occupational Medicine, National Institute for Occupational Health, SA Society of Occupational Health Nursing Practitioners, etc.
- Officials at the Compensation Fund of the Department of Labour
- Technical colleges teaching labour law and nursing law