How to use this catalogue to search for publications:
This catalogue features Juta Print Publications and Jutastat e-Publications. Print Publications are available as hardcover and softcover books, loose-leafs and posters. Jutastat e-Publications are available on CD/DVD-ROM and Online.
Publications are listed alphabetically within their category, according to title. Please make use of the various search options available when searching for a publication.
Catalogue - Advanced Search
Now also available as an Ebook via the Van Schaik online bookstore - click here to download.
About this Publication:
Two recent pieces of legislation have had a profound impact on South Africa’s consumer industry: the National Credit Act 34 of 2005 and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Despite the significance of these two pieces of legislation, many credit providers and suppliers do not know or do not understand how the legislation affects their relationship with consumers. These shortcomings place suppliers and credit providers at a considerable disadvantage since they increase the possibility of non-compliance with the Acts’ requirements.
This book seeks to address this unwanted state of affairs. The author summarises the provisions of the National Credit Act (NCA) and the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) and discusses the role and responsibilities of credit providers and suppliers.
The author’s use of ‘plain English’ and the book’s uncluttered format makes the Guide particularly useful for non-lawyers working in the consumer industry, as well as to lawyers needing an easy guide to the Acts.
- Part A: Summary of the National Credit Act 34 of 2005 (With NCA Regulation Forms Annexed)
- Part B: Commentary on the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (with the Suppliers Checklist, List on Retrospective Effect and Annexures A–M of the Regulations Annexed)
Of Interest and Benefit to:
Those needing a easy guide to the CPA and NCA to aid in understanding the consumer relationship and comply with the Acts’ requirements.
- Expert commentary on the NCA and CPA
- Supplementary material (for example the Regulations of the CPA and NCA)
- An easy-to-follow referencing system
- A list of suppliers and providers’ duties contained in the CPA