How to use this catalogue to search for publications:
This catalogue features Juta Print Publications and Jutastat e-Publications. Print Publications are available as hardcover and softcover books, loose-leafs and posters. Jutastat e-Publications are available on CD/DVD-ROM and Online.
Publications are listed alphabetically within their category, according to title. Please make use of the various search options available when searching for a publication.
Catalogue - Advanced Search
Dispute Resolution Digest 2014, The
Notes about Pricing:
*Offer valid from 1 September - 30 November 2014. No further discounts apply.
About this Publication:
The Dispute Resolution Digest has become a source of pertinent and authoritative commentary on dispute resolution and labour market issues, and should make essential reading for anyone involved in the South African labour industry.
The issues debated in the 2014 Digest pick up on another eventful year in the labour market. They include the Labour Relations Act amendments (especially the position of contract workers and labour brokers), the mutual impacts between the amendments and the political and shop floor influence of Cosatu, the rivalry among trade unions that continued in 2013 especially in the mining industry to the more legal technical issue of legal representation at the CCMA. While some of these issues have been assigned dedicated chapters, others are overarching and their cross-cutting nature justifies coverage across the entire publication.
While some of these issues have been assigned dedicated chapters, others are overarching and their cross-cutting nature justifies coverage across the entire publication.
- Overview - Khanya Motshabi
- Examination of industrial action: 2013 - Andrew Levy
- Disputes referred to the CCMA, Bargaining Councils and Tokiso - Andrew Levy and Tanya Venter
- We have met the Enemy and He is Us: COSATU’s war against itself in 2013 - Steven Friedman
- Organisational rights and trade union rivalry in South Africa - John Brand
- An evaluation of the Labour Court - Craig Bosch
- Legal representation in the CCMA - Joe Campanella
- Effective engagement: part 1 – a future role for social and tripartism in addressing South Africa’s labour market challenges? - Alistair Smith
- Effective engagement: part 2 – conciliation as a dispute resolution mechanism: a focus on its role in collective bargaining - Nerine Khan
- Alternative dispute resolution in the public sector - Letlhokwa George Mpedi
- Disputes about pay equality – lessons from the United Kingdom - Sarah Levy
Of Interest and Benefit to:
CCMA, Labour Court or bargaining council officials
Labour law practitioners
Students studying labour law at universities and technikons